SmartBear Connect is a user conference that brings together experts from across the world of software quality, and Swagger-based API development. All things Swagger, API Design & Documentation, and OAS 3.0 will be a main focus for the event. Meet API experts in development, testing, and business strategy to discuss real-world problems, strategies, and emerging solutions in the API development and software quality space.
As the company beyond behind the open source Swagger tooling, we are making sure Swagger has a major presence during SmartBear Connect. The conference comes to Boston September 12-13. This jam-packed event will bring together the world’s testing, development, and technology communities for:
- Interactive product training classes
- Discussions with industry experts on the latest trends in API design, API quality, and software testing
- Unique insights and stories from Swagger & SwaggerHub customers
The team has been busy building the agenda for SmartBear Connect. Today I want to share the day one and day two agendas for Swagger & SwaggerHub users:
Day 1: Training Workshops & Certification
Day one is all about providing hands-on trainings, focused on Swagger and the OpenAPI specification. There will be seven interactive training sessions with various "check your knowledge" questions after each session. All attendees will receive a SmartBear Connect Swagger Certificate at the end of day one.
Trainings will be presented by Swagger Trainer, Chris Riley.
- 9:15 - 9:45 — Welcome to Swagger and SwaggerHub
- 10:00 - 11:00 — API Marketplace / State of Technology
- 11:00 - 12:00 — Swagger / OpenAPI Introduction
- 1:00 - 2:00 — REST Primer
- 2:00 - 3:00 — OpenAPI 3.0 / Swagger 2.0 Overview
- 3:30 - 4:30 — API Lifecycle
- 4:30 - 5:30 — Best Practices for Swagger & SwaggerHub
- 5:30 – 7:00 — Welcome Party
Day 2: Insights from Customers & Industry Experts
Day two will feature unique insights from customers and industry experts. SmartBear Connect will offer three tracks - API Design, API Quality, and Software Testing. Swagger & SwaggerHub customers are encouraged to jump from various tracks but will most likely enjoy the sessions included in the API Design track. Day two will conclude with a "SmartBear Product Presentations, Best Practices, and Road Map " session from CTO and creator of SoapUI, Ole Lensmar.
- 9:30 - "Implementing Continuous Improvement Techniques for your API Design" - Lorinda Brandon
- 10:15 - "Leveraging API Description Formats APIs in the Development Lifecycle" - Tony Tam
- 11:15 - "Open API 3.0: Supporting a more mature REST API" - Chris Riley
- 12:00 - "Continuous Testing Approach for Success in Agile & DevOps" - Pradeep Govindasamy
- 1:30 - "Microservices Architecture - Building 'SMART' & 'Agile' Software" - Sabyasachi Gupta
- 2:15 - Swagger & SwaggerHub Customer Panel
We will be announcing additional sessions over the coming weeks, including more presentations from Swagger users and members of the team working on building the next generation of the Swagger tools.
Network and learn from hundreds of API practitioners transforming the API development space at SmartBear Connect. We hope to see you in September!
Purchase your tickets today.